Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Possible Google Redesign

Possible Google Redesign?

I was doing a few searches on Google today when I noticed a stark change in the layout. I switched to another computer, and found that no change had occured, so perhaps my IP or computer was being chosen as a “beta” tester for the new layout. In any case, here is what I saw:

Google New Design

Click on the image for a larger view. The big difference is the placement of the search types into the left column. Also, gone is the fat bar at the top that used to say which kind of search you are conducting (whether it's web, video, etc.)

Finally, the already slim page margins are shrunk even further—I believe that the logo and text are only a few pixels away from the edge of the page. Personally, I would want to see more margins, not less. But I do think the left-hand placement of the search menu is a step in the right direction.

So what does everyone think? Is Google really redesigning? Or is this just a fluke? Anyone else seen this?

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment