Monday, November 27, 2006

Saina, Shikha raring to go

Saina, Shikha raring to go

Badminton and tennis are among the few disciplines in which India can expect to win medals at the Doha Asiad

MUMBAI: Shikha Uberoi kept smiling, while Saina Nehwal maintained a serious pose as if she was about to play the final of a championship. But when it came to answering questions, it was Saina who sounded more confident and positive, after the announcement of Qatar Airways as official partners of the Indian contingent for the 15th Doha Asian Games, here on Monday.

"I have been doing well and I will give my best shot at the Games," was Saina quick reply to a query. When asked about her statement after the World Junior Championship where she complained of fatigue, she clarified that scheduling of the ties took the toll on her. "The matches were tight and there was not much break. But I am all geared up for the Doha Games," Saina added.

What about the comparison with present coach Gopichand and veteran Aparna Popat? "What they have done, and how they played is different from what I am going to do. Today I have been assigned a job and I will do my best. And of course, Gopichand and Aparna's support is always there for me," she said.

Shikha too wants to come out with her best. "We are proud that we have been labelled as medal prospects for the country and we will give our best," said Shikha. "It will be my first tie with Mahesh (in mixed doubles) but given his experience I should be able to deliver."

Source DnaIndia

No comments:

Post a Comment