Monday, February 12, 2007

Aishwarya need not put career on back burner: Amitabh

Aishwarya need not put career on back burner: Amitabh

Soon-to-be-Bachchan 'bahu' Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai will be a working member of the family and need not quit movies like other actresses, according to her would-be father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan. The Big B, in an interaction with 50 young fans on NDTV 24x7 news channel, was asked if Aishwarya will continue to work in films after marriage with his son Abhishek Bachchan.

"I don't see any problem in her wanting to continue her career and wanting to continue acting," he said in the interaction that will be telecast on February 17. Several Bollywood actresses, including Aishwarya's would-be mother-in-law Jaya Bachchan have put their acting career on the back-burner after marriage.

And in a lighter vein, Bachchan added, "and if she is going to be acting better than Abhishek, then it's their problem. It's not my problem" and laughed. On what he makes of Shahrukh Khan on `Kaun Banega Crorepati', he said, "Shahrukh is fine. I hadn't seen Shahrukh's KBC, but recently I did and I thought that it was fine." Bachchan, who is said to be involved in a cold war with Khan, picked out the latter's role in Ashutosh Gowarikar's `Swades' as a character he would like to play.

Asked if he would consider doing one of Khan's roles, he said, "if ever I was of his age and if I wanted to do it, I would like to do Swades." About his association with Amar Singh and Samajwadi Party, he said it was personal rather than a political one. Friendship... I don't do politics and whatever my association is with Amar Singhji or Mulayam Singhji, it is on a personal... private level," he said.

Source : Hindu

No comments:

Post a Comment