Thursday, January 17, 2013

Advertisers of romance-net.com spreads Malware

Advertisers of romance-net.com spreads Malware

It was a nightmare for me when I received a mail on 15 Jan 2013 from google saying that my free online dating website bepenfriends.com is spreading malware. In my past 8 years of existance, I never received such a mail from anybody. I am working hard to keep my website safe from spreading those malicious softwares.

Google search put a blanket ban on my site with a marking as "This site contains Malware" and not allowing users to visit my website. however when I used chrome to visit the page, Google gave enough details about the source domains that are spreading the malware.

It is found that some banner advertisements served by romance-net.com a online dating network agency, contained malware code. I signed up for their advertisements as a publisher just 6 months ago and today I am into trouble. These might not be a problem of romance-net.com but the advertisers of romance-net.com.

After removing the romance-net.com code and requesting review by Google solved the problem. Now I need to be doubly sure about my ads provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment