Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sachin Tendulkar Announced Retirement today in Mumbai

Sachin Tendulkar Announced Retirement today in Mumbai

Sachin Tendulkar, Little master of Cricket, announced his retirement from cricket completely today. Mostly all players around the world critizied Sachin Tendulkar for his performance in cricket world cup 2007. Sachin Tendulkar who has 14000+ runs in his basket was the most critizised person for the failure in cricket world cup 2007.

It was said that contract with BCCI, was also been considered by the officials for its validity. BCCI officials too hinted about the possibilities of renewing the contract with Sachin Tendulkar yesterday. Today morning Sachin called for a press meet in Tendulkars' and announced his retirement from the game.

One of my friendly press Reporter, tipped me about the press meeting with Tendulkar and the mood of Tendulkar. It looks like Tendulkar is so depressed due to the fact that he was unable to perform in the world stage for the first time.

Some Extracts from his press meet.

Sachin Tendulkar : I loved this game for more than 18 years and i was in the team for around 14 years (excluding the injury times). Now it is hard to announce my retirement from cricket completely. This is a hard decision which was taken by me after the loss against Sri Lanka where i haven't performed at all.

Reporter : But Sachin, Why now? You have years to play!
Sachin Tendulkar : Yes I have years to play but, I am not sure how i am going to play those years. My Injury makes me restricted from playing varity of shots. So I believe it is time for the new Begining.

Reporter: Sachin, Is this decision of retirement is due to any pressure from Greg Chappell?
Sachin Tendulkar : Greg Chappell is a great master who loves cricket than any other players. There is no pressure on me from Greg. He is extremely cool with me and wants me to see on the ground. He is the first person who came to me after my bad performance against Sri Lanka.

Reporter : Sachin that is only one game, India produced lot of such games in past too?
Sachin Tendulkar: Yes India produced such failures in the past, Even we lost to lower rated countries. But in a world cup this is the first time for India to exit at group stages. We had a lot of experienced players. Even then we are unable to go to super 8.

Reporter: Was that means India got more pressure due to lot of Experience?
Sachin Tendulkar: Yes!, India Failed because of us, our experience. During 1996 /1992 I was the only player who carried the game in world cups. So everyone thought without sachin the team was not there. But now we have Sourav, Rahul, Sehwag and lot other young players. Now people and also we players are getting confused about the position that we are going to play. This created the problem.

Reporter: Sachin, It is hard to digest to hear that you are now retired. What will happen to Cricket In India.
Sachin Tendulkar: Cricket in India will see another legend who can take the game into new levels. Always Cricket provided a lot of legends one at a time. When there was a threatening players from west Indies, India had the same number of players. Now it is time for Australia, India will find a threatening player for them.

Reporter: Sachin, what is your future plan, since you don't have any future now?
Sachin Tendulkar: (laughing) Is it!, I have my own future, I will look after my Hotel Tendulkars' and serve a good coffee with good cricket. I spend good amount of time with my family and my child.

Reporter: SO you are not going to start any academy to train people
Sachin Tendulkar: It is a costly business. Yes I know people will come to my academy for training but i am not interested in using my name as brading any more.

Reporter: Is that means no more endrosements?
Sachin Tendulkar: Yes

Reporter: If you are not into endrosing products, it means a hard time for advertisers too.
Sachin Tendulkar: NO it is not a hard time for them. Even now they stopped all the endrosements which are featured by me. They run on a winning horse not on the failed horse. They find some bollywood stars and pay huge money like what they paid for me.

Reporters: Sachin, It is hard to see you out of cricket. You said Cricket is your blood.
Sachin Tendulkar: Yes i still say it is my blood, that is the reason i want a new blood for myself to lead life by my own way.

Thanks for coming on this April fools day and reading my retirement interview. You are the main people who made me to take this decision on this day. More over Visit http://www.sellindiancricketteam.com for more details

No comments:

Post a Comment