Thursday, March 19, 2009

It was not an apology

It was not an apology

Arjun Rampal, whose rock star look in Rock On!! set a million hearts racing, is busy shooting for Prakash Jha`s Ranjeeti these days. Taking a break from work, Rampal was in the Capital to launch the Viavero store at Select City Walk mall.

HT City caught up with him for a quick tete-a-tete. He starts off by trashing rumours of him getting a bald look for the film.

"It is completely untrue. Just because you are playing a politician, do you need to go bald? Some of our young politicians are so trendy and #8230; that is my look.

" Trendy isn`t the only look he`ll be sporting in the coming future. "I am doing House Full with Sajid Khan, where he wants me to look like James Bond," he exclaims.

Talking about the other projects at hand, he says, "I am doing a film titled Fox, a thriller with Sunny Deol. That will probably be my only release this year.

" How about Vipul Shah`s next, where actor Rannvijay has reportedly replaced Rampal owing to the latter`s fee hike? "I am not doing the film for reasons that actors refuse roles," he says diplomatically. The actor is also doing Don 2 and the period film Kunal.

Elaborating on the latter, he says, "The character Kunal, which I play, was Emperor Ashoka`s son and there are only two pages written about him in the whole history." The movie, being directed by Chandraprakash Dwivedi, also stars Tabu and Amitabh Bachchan.

On the topic of Big B, did Rampal really apologise to him after the Filmfare awards? "It wasn`t an apology," he exclaims. "I had planned that I would thank Mr Bachchan if I won the award since he has been a huge inspiration in my life.

But on the stage, I got emotional and choked up. I left the stage before I made a fool of myself.

" It is then, he tells us, that he sent Big B an SMS thanking him. Bachchan replied with some words of wisdom and the incident touched him so much that he put it on his blog.

"That is from where people got their half cooked gossip," Rampal says

Yahoo news

No comments:

Post a Comment