Saturday, November 17, 2007

How to make Do not call registry work

How to make Do not call registry work

Having a mobile phone is now a daily need. In all our daily activities mobile phones acts major part to accomplish the jobs easily with less time. Penetration of mobile phones in our lives gave a lot of opportunities for marketing people to market their products. It all needs to be started with a single call to a random number which might like to get to know their product.

It was cool for marketers who had to invest very little amount of money in calling people. The ROI in this model of generating a lead is high than placing an advertisement hoarding in city's center or conducting events. When all marketers realized the potential, everyone tried to build a database or purchased the database from telephone companies', banks and other places.

It became nightmare for the consumers who started complaining about the disturbance caused by marketers. Even if the consumers request the marketers not to call them anymore the number will be shared with other marketers who call from different extensions. It almost became a nightmare for everyone. There were cases filed in courts against those marketers so that they might stop. With overflowing number of cases, Government came to rescue those customers.

Government ordered the service industry to create a do not call register and gave consumers the rights to register themselves in the registry. Anyone who registers in do not call registry must not be contacted by marketers. It's been months now, but in my assumption, do not call registry is not working.

Even today I get at least 15 calls from various service sectors like Banks, Insurance, credit card companies which is flooding me with lot of promotional offers which are tempting me to buy their products. I reduced the number of calls to 10 in just a week.

How to reduce the number of calls even after registering with do not call register.

Have you registered in do not call registry and then too you are receiving the number of calls, there are very simple tricks available to avoid those telemarketers who never care about the do not call registry

Trick 1:

Your salary:

For any credit cards or insurance or personal loans, your salary is the most important factor. Whenever they ask about salary tell the lesser amount or tell them you are not employed. In many cases this will stop the callers to proceed and remove your mobile number from their database. To get a basic credit card in India you need to have at least 5000 Rs per month as salary.

Trick 2:

Be a defaulter


No banks will be interested in issuing a credit card or open an account for a defaulter. Some time back I tried this with Citi bank, they called me for a credit card continuously for a week. First I was not interested in telling them. Then one fine day I told them that, I am interested in your credit card. They immediately showed a lot of enthusiasm in giving the card. I asked for the credit limit which they said I get 100 thousand rupees. I immediately told them that that's awesome and I can purchase a lot of goods with the card. I added them that, I will never repay the money for the bills. They immediately asked why? For which I replied as “It's you who is giving me a card, not I came to you for a card. So why do I need to pay for the card which I get from you which you are insisting me to take”. Next moment the caller disconnected the call and from that day I never received any call from Citi for any product.

Trick 3:

Be a sick person always


For insurance, you must be a healthy person to avail any insurance. To stop insurance company call, just pretend to be sick. Be a cancer or a heart patient. I even tried this with an insurance company and gave a fruitful result. TATA AIG life insurance called me for a medic claim policy, all their trainers are well trained, and they start like this “Hello sir you know that the medical expenses in India is very high. TATA AIG has a best medic claim policy which will suit you in any kind of expenses u do”

Be patient for the first time because first time patience will stop these calls in future, ask them about the product and the premium to pay. Finally say them that you have heart problems or cancer or some disease which will not be covered in the medic claim. This will result in immediate disconnection of call and the insurance company will remove the number from its database.

There are lot more tricks which can save you from getting these idiotic calls. I cannot list all of them here because of the fact that some marketers might see here. So find out yourself. These are basic tricks to keep marketers at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment